Raising Resilient Children through good Neuroscience Parenting
Time & Location
About The Event
Raising Resilient Children Through Good- Neuroscience Parenting
From infancy through to toddler, childhood, adolescent, and well into our adulthood, we progressively move onto more developed ways of existing in the world and finding our place within it. The family we live our lives within are our family of origin and these first experiences of family with them, affect our lives and futures. We are, if you like, brought up in a micro society, which exists as part of a bigger cultural context. Our genes and personality also play their part.
All these factors contribute to the organization and management of ‘self’, as we grow up and how we regulate our moods and emotions as we reach adulthood. We learn this through the relationship we have with our parents, or primary carers.
As parents, we can only do the best we can with what we have learnt from our parents in terms of parenting skills and how they regulate themselves.
We don’t need to be perfect as parents, no person is. Even to the point that by over indulging and over facilitating our children, we can create a whole new set of problems.
What is necessary for great parenting?
What is needed, in terms of providing our children with what they need to become well balanced, resilient and mature people, being able to share joy and manage adversity?
Understand that the process of parenting is not about blame. Life happens and we all drop the ball at times whether it be due to sickness, life becoming too difficult at different stages, financial hardship, trauma, war, political upheaval, or even not having had the opportunity to complete your own developmental processes. The reasons that are beyond our control are more than I can list.
What is taken as read, is that we all love our children and have done or are doing the best we can with what we have available to us and that we are all realistic enough to want to learn and understand more about the nature of parenting and being human.
In our workshop you will learn
• What children need at each stage of their development.
• Why this is crucial to their long-term happiness and resilience.
• What results if this is not completed by your child and what to do about it.
• Enjoy learning about yourself and how to regulate your own emotional states in a relaxing and fun way.
• Prepare yourself for the next stage of child's development or to become a good grandparent or carer.
• Understand the patterns that you can see beginning to show problematic behaviours.
• The workshop is about learning, understanding, moving forward and adding value to those you love, with what you have learnt and put into practice.
• That whether you are a new parent or a great grand parent or anywhere in between; whether you just simply have an interest in being a human being, or want to understand why some people act the way they do, this workshop will have something to offer you and add to your confidence in parenting or simply being more content within yourself.
What you will get
• Illustrated information with clear and real examples
• Clear instruction.
• Practical exercises to help calm down your own stress reactions.
• Questions answered that are relevant to you.
• Lunch and refreshments
• Fun companions and facilitators for the day
• Light hearted and positive instruction and strategies.
• You will leave feeling empowered about parenting.
• Reading list.
- RAISING RESILIENT CHILDREN£80£800£0